First, the topics to be addressed conceptually will be delivered with examples by considering the existing problems, on the basis of the responses given to these problems and the alternatives. The topics explained conceptually and illustrated with different tools will be concretized via the open source Kubernetes platform that is generally accepted in the industry, thus, it will be ensured that the participants are able to command on Kubernetes platform along with modern Cluster management and Container orchestration.
Modern Cluster Yönetimi ve Container Orkestrasyonu Eğitimi (2 Gün)
Benefits of The Training
- You will find out the existing Cluster management problems and inefficiencies
- You will see how the Containers that are frequently used in the development environment are used in the production environment
- You will become familiar with Modern Cluster management tools and techniques
- You will get to know Kubernetes platform closely and jump over the learning barrier, and be able to better overcome the problems you will encounter in the future
- You will see how you can apply these modern tools introduced to your current workflows, and have the knowledge to able to adapt it easily.
Content of The Training
In this section we will discuss the problems that cause the need for Cluster management and Container orchestration, the solutions offered to these problems, as well as the advantages and disadvantages of these solutions.
Modern Cluster and Application Management
Information will be provided to the users about how the Clusters and applications are managed in modern architectures, and it will be ensured that this information is reinforced by means of example scenarios. In this section, the topics to be addressed conceptually and illustrated with different tools will help in understanding the structure of Kubernetes in the subsequent sections.
- What the Cluster Management role means and its place in modern architectures will be told and illustrated.
- Among the Service Discovery tools that keep central configuration and provide service management, Consul and Etcd will be told, and will be analyzed through examples.
- How the Cluster Management tools track the resources they allocate to the applications, and how they use the information they obtain, will be analyzed under the headings Alarm/Event Management, High Availability and Autoscaling .
Kubernetes – Basic Principles
In this section, the basic concepts (Pod, Replication Controller Deployment, Service, Labels, Namespace, Volumes, Config Map, Stateful Sets, Daemon Sets, Secrets, etc.) constituting Kubernetes on an existing Kubernetes cluster will be illustrated.
The participants who will be familiar with Kubernetes CLI and its basic principles will deploy their first applications to Kubernetes in groups of two in an environment prepared for them.
Kubernetes – Architecture
The basic components (kubelet, kube-apiserver, kube-proxy, kube-scheduler, etc.) constituting the Kubernetes platform with which familiarity is gained from the user’s eye will be explained with their basic functions, and their roles in the lifecycle of Kubernetes will be conveyed for problem solving purposes.
Setup of Simple Kubernetes Clusters
Studies will be conducted about how development environments and test environments can be set up with minikube and kubeadm tools.
AWS Kubernetes Cluster Setup with Kops (Optional)
How Kubernetes Clusters of production environment quality can be set up will be explained by means of kops tool.
The networking structure, the most complex part of Kubernetes, will be addressed in detail in this section, and it will be ensured that the participants are prepared to the problems which they are likely to encounter with Kubernetes in the future.
Techniques, Tools and Tips
The participants who become familiar to Kubernetes will be introduced the tools in the rich Kubernetes ecosystem, information will be given on the optimized techniques, and the tips will be mentioned . It is aimed that the participants comprehend the introduced technology with all its aspects and save time in the researches they will conduct by themselves by the end of this section.
The participants who become familiar to Container orchestration with simple examples will, in groups two, render a classical application stack assigned to them runnable on Kubernetes, and strenghen the theoretical and practical knowledge they acquire.
The problems frequently encountered in Kubernetes will be introduced to the participants. The participants will be expected to solve in groups a few different types of problems that will be assigned to them.
Who Should Attend
This introductory practical training the content of which is detailed above may be attended by software developer, software architect, test, DevOps and operation engineer, and all the information processing staff. The people that the training may benefit more will be those people who are in need of modern architectures and willing to use these architectures in their own job.
What is expected from the participants is full command of the Container (preferably Docker) technologies along with the topic, and gaining knowledge on the processes a software application undergo until it reaches the production environment and in the production environment.